Friday 14 June 2013

Make Up Haul!

Wow it's been a while since I made a post! I've been meaning to make a post about my new makeup purchases!

My brother and his girlfriend got me a £100 gift voucher for Harvey Nicholas and I decided to buy some Mac Cosmetics.
I purchased a Pro Colour x4 Compact and a Pressed Pigment in Sweet Acting. 
The compact was customised for me by one of the makeup artist. It contains a range of purples including a dark glitter purple. The colours when used together create a perfect smoky eye which is a look I am fond of. The pressed pigment was an added extra. When I purchased these items, the makeup artist did a tutorial on me to show me how to apply the eyeshadows and she used the pressed pigment at the very end to give it an extra sparkle. These were quite expensive but I didn't expect anything less from Mac. The eyeshadows are quite pigmented, can be easily blended and work well together. 


These are my Real Techniques brushes by Samantha Chapman. I bought a Real Techniques eye starter kit and a Real Techniques core collection. I watch makeup videos on YouTube and my favourite makeup artists are Pixiwoo! One of the members of Pixiwoo created these brushes so I thought I would get them to try them out.

 I love these brushes! 

From the core collection my favourite brush has to be the Buffing Brush. I use it when I put on my foundation and it helps the foundation give a good coverage and blends it in really well. From the eye starter kit my favourite brush is the deluxe crease brush. It's big, soft and is a great blender! I use it to blend and soften my eyeshadow in the sockets. Plus the cases are stands which are perfect to use when I'm applying my makeup and they are perfect for travelling. 

Love R x

No comments:

Post a Comment